Here is a copy of my notes for this video update, included is a text version of the information from the video plus a couple of bits I didn't mention.
Environment work - Level 1 creation
- First level is a quarry - wanted industrial area.
- Currently too grey/bland
- more detailing to be added
- barrels( too cliche?)
- boxes/ crates etc...
- more rock piles ( to more clearly distinguish roads)
- Designed to have a variety of options to where to go/ how to tackle the level.
- Level is loaded dynamically at runtime.
- to get round the fact lights can't be loaded in, the levels have an empty defining the position of the spotlight
- spotlight defines the shadows and general lighting.
- there is also 2 hemi lights providing ambient lighting for the scene
- didn't use the ambient lighting feature as it tends to make everything look washed out
- they give shadows and darker areas a slight blue tint.
- the harmony build allows shadows to have a colour assigned to the shadow,
this will replace one of the ambient lights which should improve performance a bit.
- update to 2.6 broke it- had to be fixed, update to 2.61 broke it had to be fixed
- the new animation system required changes to how the scripts deal with animations
- had to change to changing values rather than activating on specific frames
- the script uses animations by setting frameStart and frameEnd values
- the system for multiple animations has been in place for a while but finally made some
- pistol animations
- smg animations
- rocket has idle animations (rocket itself needs fixing)
- grenades are now in the game as well
- the sound is just a placeholder as is the model - sound from freesound
- currently different animations for grenade throws - makes it behave differently - not ideal.
- sfx explosion needs changing
- there is now effects applied upon death
- and when damage is taken.
- health slowly regenerates over time - i want to rebalance how long it takes so that people
aren't hiding behind cover waiting to regenerate their health
- minor updates
- shooting updated to have less of a pattern to the bullet spread.